Urban Tech Connect // Forward, the premier tech conference focused on Latinx and African American founders, will be taking place virtually September 15 – 17. The best entrepreneurs and VCs in the industry will be in attendance, sharing insights and offering support to founders.
We’ve been busy striving to make the third annual UTC the best one yet. The Plug In South LA team is excited to share the latest conference news with you.
- Bonin Bough, Marketing guru, Investor, and Author
- Lauren Maillian, CEO, Author, and Entrepreneur
New Speakers Added
Our conference program grew significantly since the last update. More speakers joined the lineup, which was already impressive to start. Meet the newest additions:
- Baron Davis, Investor and Former NBA All-Star
- Julia Collins, Founder and CEO, Planet FWD
- Hamet Watt, CEO, Share Ventures
- Cavel Khan, Chief Revenue Officer, Tumblr
- Sheila Marmon, Founder and CEO, Mirror Digital
Check out the full list of confirmed speakers. We’re also finalizing big keynote plans. Stay tuned!
Tap Into Expert Insights
The three-day virtual conference features keynotes, fireside chats, talks, workshops, one-on-one interviews, and office hours. We recently added sessions to the agenda with these focus areas:
- Taking fresh virtual connections to new professional heights
- Building the Black video game studio of the future
- Steps for success from Mayvenn co-founder and CEO Diishan Imira
- Optimizing your infrastructure during Covid-19
- Workshops with practical guidance around moving forward during the pandemic
- Emerging employment opportunities in South LA’s creative economy
Going virtual is a huge undertaking that we couldn’t do without the support of our sponsors:
- Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas, County of Los Angeles Second District
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- SoLa Impact
The global nonprofit Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) just joined as our charity partner for Urban Tech Connect // Forward.
Please join us in welcoming to our latest partners for the conference:
- Silicon Valley Bank
- Amazon Studios
- Vermont Slauson Economic Development Corporation (VSEDC)
- Bixel Exchange
- Stubbs Alderton & Markiles, LLP
Grab a Social Media Toolkit
We prepared a toolkit to help you share the Urban Tech Connect experience with your network. Download shareable artwork, use our hashtags to stay connected, and copy customizable digital assets for social media updates.
Access the UTC social media toolkit here.
Don’t forget to register for the conference, if you haven’t already.
Connect with Us
The conference support team is here for you:
- Speaker support and details: Molly Crete
- Sponsorship questions and support: Linette Coste
- Community engagement and sponsorship opportunities: Derek Smith
We’ll see you soon!